[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Messages posted by: jvanderb
Forum Index » Profile for jvanderb » Messages posted by jvanderb
It looks like with the release of the 4.0 version of the LDAP Admin Tools that the LDAP Browser product is no longer offered. Is this correct, or did I just miss it? I've upgraded my installation to 4.0 and it seems to have fixed a bug I reported with an earlier version. There are others here without a need for the complete Admin Tools - only the browser. The older version still has the issue I reported, and there does not seem to be a new version available. If the browser is not planned to be offered anymore, that is understandable - we'll just need to find another LDAP Browser for those individuals to use.

Thanks!
I have noticed a bug within both the LDAP Admin tool and the LDAP Browser tool. If you leave the application open, and your connection to the LDAP server times out, the processor utilization of the software goes up to 100%. If you close the connection tab, or the application, the processor utilization goes back to normal. Is this something that can be fixed easily? I noticed it in the 2.10 version, but forgot to report it. I upgraded to the 3.2 version today, but the same issue exists.

Thanks!
The attribute in question is a text field according to the schema. In the LDIF, the same attribute in other records comes out correct, but for some reason that particular one does not.
When I try to export an LDIF of an OU in our LDAP Directory, there is a small issue with an attribute in one of the entities. The attribute name is 'presentationlabel' and the actual value is '<BR>Sign Out'. When the LDIF is exported using the LDAPSOFT LDAP Admin tool, the line comes out like this:

When exported using a competing LDAP Browser product, it comes out correctly. Not sure what the issue is, but seems like it might be a bug. I am not 100% sure this is the only occurance, but the only one I have seen so far.

Thanks!
When I check for updates using the LDAP Admin tool, I get the following error:

Not sure what the issue is, but I've checked manually for updates and there aren't any.

Thanks!
Is there any way to add a keepalive feature to the LDAP Admin Tool? The LDAP Server I am using has an insanely short idle timeout that I have no control over as I am not the administrator of that portion of the box. It is difficult to do what I need to do without being disconnected from the server at some point. It would be nice to have a feature that you could configure to communicate with the LDAP server so it did not think you were idle. Also, to be able to configure the interval at which those packets were sent.

Thanks!

Forum Index » Profile for jvanderb » Messages posted by jvanderb
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing