[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Error doing update via SQL  XML
Forum Index » Report Bugs
Matthew

I am trying to update the userPassword attribute for decendendant objects. I used the following sql:

UPDATE ou=People,o=jpmorgan.com SET userPassword = {SHA}yfmXWU8UG+QskqZgFjRr1BJiuTE= subtreescope

It did find all the entries, processed them, and said successfully updated. However, when I go back to verify the userPassword attribute, it is not the value that I set. I aslo know that it did update the value becuse the old value is not the same. So it has updated the value, but I don't know to what.

Also, when browsing the table view, I see that the value has been updated not to the exact value I specified, but rather to another value using SSHA.

I also tried the same update without specifying any encrytion as follows but I got the same results as above.

UPDATE ou=People,o=jpmorgan.com SET userPassword = testpw01 subtreescope
support

Are u verifying the password using password editor? userpassword attribute --> type the password in the verify box and click verify

I tried the following on our test ldap and was able to verify both of them.

UPDATE ou=MemberGroupA,o=stooges SET userPassword='newpassword'
subtreescope

UPDATE ou=MemberGroupA,o=stooges SET userPassword='{SHA}VJlSQ5MNOHSTwmtJhSY3ooXON80='
subtreescope
Anonymous

I found the problem. I had to get the syntax EXACTLY right with regard to spaces:
1. Only 1 space after UPDATE/SET.
2. No space before or after =

I tweaked the query, ran it, and it did the update as expected.
Matthew

I found the problem. I had to get the syntax EXACTLY right with regard to spaces:
1. Only 1 space after UPDATE/SET.
2. No space before or after =

I tweaked the query, ran it, and it did the update as expected.

Forum Index » Report Bugs
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing