[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

how to export to excel - AD ADmin & Reporting Tool  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
bytesleuth

Hello all,

today i downloaded the AD Admin & Reporting Tool.

i tryed the export to excel the following "issue":
i need to list all members which matches the following criterias:

- Must be member of the OU"whatever"
AND
must be member of the SecurityGroup "Test1"

the second thing i tryed with 0 returns was:
Must be member of the OU "whatever"
AND
extensionattribute1 IS "SAP"

i tryed several things in the export assistent with no luck, always returned 0 rows.

what i set:
Excel filename: C:\Users\user1\Desktop\test1.xls
Search Base: DC=mydomain,DC=de
Filter: (&(memberOf=Internet-*)(distinguishedName=OU=Acus,OU=mycity,DC=mydomains,DC=de))
Returning Attributes:cn,distinguishedName,sAMAccountName

but, i never recieve a entry in my list.

could someone attach the correct searchstring for that (to simple import it)

would be fine.
i would like to buy this software but our head wants to see if we are able to get the results from it.

regards
byte
support

Byte,

You can't use wildcard characters with memberof as it contains the DN values (DN is path and wildcard characters don't work with it).
Please modify the query to something like the following:

(memberOf=CN=Internet-test,OU=Acus,OU=mycity,DC=mydomains,DC=de)

If you don't know the complete DN, use the tool bar search -> select cn and enter internet* -> Click Find button.
Select the entry and from right click context menu select 'copy DN'.

Thanks
bytesleuth

Helllo again,

the problem is that i want to which users are in the OU=EDP,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de
AND
which member are in the SecurityGroup

(&(memberOf=OU=ITG,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de)(memberOf=CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de))

but still no results.

if i build it with powershell like this:

Get-QADUser -SearchRoot "OU=ITG,OU=Bremen,OU=whatever,DC=melchers,DC=de" | ?{ $_.MemberOf -Match "Internet-Standard" } | Export-CSV "whatever.csv"
which gives me a very good list (see attachment).

To seperate the OU i simple modify the search root to the OU, which i want to see.

but i am not able to get it running with AD Admin & Reporting Tool. This is a common query.
Please help me to construct it.

regards

byte

Filename whatever.csv [Disk] Download
 Description sampleexport
 Filesize 1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  455 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/02/2010 07:05:56

support

If I understand it correctly you are looking for all users in OU=EDP,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de
which are member of CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de

If it the case try the following sql statement (Click on the sql button at the tool bar, copy and paste and click run).

SELECT * FROM OU=EDP,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de where memberOf=CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de and objectClass=user

If above works, replace the * with attribute for e.g cn, sn and click run or export.

SELECT cn,sn FROM OU=EDP,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de where memberOf=CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de and objectClass=user
bytesleuth

Hello Support,

thanks for your reply. I 've query'd the AD with the postet query, and got (1) result.
But: the query should show me the users, which are member of ou EDP AND belongs to securtiy-group internet-standard.

dn admincount logoncount subschemasubentry modifytimestamp samaccounttype samaccountname memberof objectcategory whencreated lastlogon primarygroupid pwdlastset badpasswordtime objectsid
CN=Internet Test,OU=EDP,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de 1 1 CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=melchers,DC=de Mo Mrz 01 2010 14:47:05 GMT+0100 805306368 Intertest CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=whatever,DC=de Di Sep 05 2006 10:45:48 GMT+0200 Di Feb 02 2010 09:05:47 GMT+0100 513 Mo Mrz 01 2010 14:46:56 GMT+0100 Di Feb 02 2010 09:05:07 GMT+0100 S-1-5-21-357852372-414345372-1916815836-8344

i am not sure why it is so hard to query users withhin an ou AND an securitygroup.

regards

byte
support

Byte,

Above query should give you all the users which are member of group CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de

Try the following query without objectClass=user:

SELECT * FROM OU=EDP,OU=Bremen,DC=whatever,DC=de where memberOf=CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de

and also search for mail = Joseph.schmidt@whatever.com (Top Search) and look for memberof attribute and make sure that this user is a member of CN=Internet-Standard,OU=Sicherheitsgruppen,DC=whatever,DC=de

It is very easy to search for user who are memberof a group just need the correct syntax.

Thanks

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing