[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Column Order of Exported LDAP Data & AD Paging  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
chris23

To Support:

We are attempting to use LDAP Admin Tool Pro. to extract LDAP data from both Novell and Windows based systems. For the Novell systems, we have a command file created that executes a saved task definition. My first question is how do I know what order the queried columns are coming back in? I am still verifying this, but it seems as if the column order is inconsistent from one run to another.

My second question has to do with the paging in Windows Active Directory, and the lack of paging in a Novell environment. From an attended operation standpoint, I can make both of these work. However, I do not see a way to configure the "Enable Ldap Paged Result Control" and the "Max Page Size" settings in a way that would allow me to run this is an unattended mode. Is there a command line switch or registry setting, or some other method that could be used to set that value at the invocation of the program

Thanks
support

>We are attempting to use this tool to extract LDAP data from both Novell and Windows based systems. For the Novell systems, we have a command file created that executes a saved task definition. My first question is how do I know what order the queried columns are coming back in? I am still verifying this, but it seems as if the column order is inconsistent from one run to another.

It is not possible to determine the order of columns because LDAP does not return columns with null values

For example
Entry A has two columns with values cn and sn
Entry B has three columns with values cn, sn and description
Entry C has three columns with values cn, sn and company

If the entries are returned from LDAP in the order A,B and C the exported file will have columns in the following order
cn,sn,description and company

If the entries are returned from LDAP in the order A,C and B the exported file will have columns in the following order
cn,sn,company and description

If you are feeding the exported files to another system, let other system read the columns first before exporting or sort the excel using a macro before feeding to another system.

>My second question has to do with the paging in Windows Active Directory, and the lack of paging in a Novell environment. From an attended operation standpoint, I can make both of these work. However, I do not see a way to configure the "Enable Ldap Paged Result Control" and the "Max Page Size" settings in a way that would allow me to run this is an unattended mode. Is there a command line switch or registry setting, or some other method that could be used to set that value at the invocation of the program?

Enable LDAP Page Result Control is a global parameter and cannot be set/reset with command line. Install LDAP Admin Tool under two different users (Network/Local users) one with Paging enabled and other with Paging disabled.
chris23

Thanks

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing