[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

LDIF Export Bug  XML
Forum Index » Report Bugs
jvanderb

When I try to export an LDIF of an OU in our LDAP Directory, there is a small issue with an attribute in one of the entities. The attribute name is 'presentationlabel' and the actual value is '<BR>Sign Out'. When the LDIF is exported using the LDAPSOFT LDAP Admin tool, the line comes out like this:

When exported using a competing LDAP Browser product, it comes out correctly. Not sure what the issue is, but seems like it might be a bug. I am not 100% sure this is the only occurance, but the only one I have seen so far.

Thanks!
support

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

Can u please check the attribute, is it a binary attribute or a text attribute?
If it is binary then the values are base64 encoded UTF8 and will preserve the characters during import.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/01/2009 05:37:15

jvanderb

The attribute in question is a text field according to the schema. In the LDIF, the same attribute in other records comes out correct, but for some reason that particular one does not.
support

The data is definitely base64 encoded

You can try it using an online tool
http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp
put the value '<BR>Sign Out' it will convert the value to the one you mentioned.

It must be the special characters '<>' which is triggering the auto Base64 encoding to preserve the special character.
You should be fine importing the data as import will convert the data while importing.

Also please note the two colons "::" which will tell the import process that attribute is Base64 encoded and the import process will decode and insert the value.

Let us know if you find problems during import process.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/01/2009 02:39:12

Forum Index » Report Bugs
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing