[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Mass Update  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
macp

I have an IBM directory server on say ip 127.0.0.1 and have around 15000 entries it it. I have added one more attribute (boolean) and want to update all the recoreds to true, how can I perform mass update to the attribute.

Also I have to set that flag to false on the basis of another flag?
support

To update multiple records, open a sql window using the sql button on the main toolbar or select SQL|SQL from the main menu

Enter a command like this (Replace the container and attribute name)
UPDATE ou=MemberGroupA,o=stooges SET newattribute='True' subtreescope

Update records on the basis of another flag (Replace the container and attribute names)
UPDATE ou=MemberGroupA,o=stooges SET newattribute='false' where seconflag='False' and thirdflag='False' subtreescope

When you run the above commands an update window will open which will inform you of the number of records to be updated and their dn (Please verify the results and then Click 'Yes' to update those records)

You can also create an update statement by selecting the the container from the bottom middle pane and selecting 'Copy Update Statement|Update this record and all children" and then replacing the attributes.

Make sure that you increase Max Results to 20,000 (more than the expected results).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/06/2008 23:03:31

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing