[Logo] LDAPSoft LDAP And Active Directory Tools Community Forums
  [Search] Search   [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

pwdReset attribute value setting  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
tom22

We need to be able (for a single user) to be able to set the operational attribute "pwdReset" to True if it doesn't have a value. I try the following:

1. Select "Add Attribute" from drop down menu
2. Select "pwdReset" from Available Attributes to New Attributes, then click Next
3. I get the next box with no Object Classes to add and the box to add a value is empty (pwdReset isn't listed).
4. I click Submit and nothing happens (pwdReset is still not listed for the entry, and I had no opportunity to set it to true).

How do I set this attribute?
support

Add the operational attribute through the operation attributes dialog. Right click on any node in the left pane (tree) and select "Configure Operational Attributes". Add pwdReset to the operational attribute list. Not sure if you can modify the operational attributes though.

LDAPSoft Support
tom22

pwdReset is already added (it appears on the right-hand side when using "Configure Operational Attributes"). I guess my real question is how can it be assigned a value?
support

Did you try editing the value directly in the table pane? if not click the value box adjacent to the pwdReset attribute and change it.

LDAPSoft Support
tom22

pwdReset attribute does shows up in the list of selected attributes. If pwdReset is set to True by some other means, it shows up in the attributes explorer, in which case I can click on the value and modify or remove it.

My problem is that operation attributes in LDAPSoft don't seem to appear in the attribute explorer if they aren't assigned a value. Thus, I can't seem to find a way to assign it a value if one hasn't already been assigned. I have to use another method to set pwdReset to True, although I can remove the value later with LDAPSoft.
support

Yes, that is a limitation of the operational attributes in the current release, if the value is not returned it is not displayed.
Try the SQL command and update the value to true, to run the sql command click on the sql button at the top tool bar and enter the following (Where cn=new... is the dn of an entry)

UPDATE cn=new1018testuser13,ou=People,dc=test,dc=com set pwdReset='True' where pwdReset is null;

Once the command runs fine, verify the attribute value and run the command for the container to update all inside the container as:

UPDATE ou=People,dc=test,dc=com set pwdReset='True' where pwdReset is null;

Please make sure to try in test environment first.

LDAPSoft Support

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing